OpenStack Day Israel held recently was a good opportunity for Mellanox to meet our partners and customers and to present our extreme technology. It was a great event for Mellanox from all perspectives; we had a presentation, were part of the NFV panel, honored with an award and received a lot of valuable feedback about our technology.
- Award: We received an award as the leading Israeli contributor to OpenStack.
- It is extremely gratifying to be awarded for all the hard work and effort by the cloud solutions group in Mellanox. Our success is a result of team work lead by a committed group of hard working professional engineers that are part of my group at Mellanox. Currently, we are working on the development of Mellanox’s products such as UFM and NEO as well as open source projects such as OpenStack, SDN controllers and configuration management.
- Presentation:(By Erez Cohen, Vice President of CloudX, Mellanox)
- We had an exciting presentation about our ASAP2 technology. Erez presented on the topic of high level architecture and talked about Mellanox OVS Offload / ASAP2 as a solution for the NFV world, especially with SDN controllers.
- OpenStack and OVS – From Love-Hate Relationship to a Match Made in Heaven
After his talk, Erez was interviewed by the OpenStack Super User TV crew and mentioned that multiple teams in Mellanox (including teams in West Bank and Gaza) are developing features and advanced solutions for cloud such as: Network Aware Scheduler, ASAP2, SRIOV, iSER, CEPH RDMA, etc.
- NFV Panel with VMware, Huawei, HP
- The panel shared their real-world experience and lessons learned deploying OpenStack for NFV.
The OpenStack Summit is a five-day conference for developers, users, and administrators of OpenStack cloud software. Held every six months, the conference schedule rotates based on the OpenStack software release cycle. This week, the summit is being held in Austin, Texas at the Austin Convention Center.
The summit started yesterday and we had two successful sessions:
Open Composable Networks: Leverage LEGO Design to Transform Cloud Networking by Kevin Deierling, Mellanox VP Marketing
Kevin talked about a new way of cloud networking that stemmed from the hyper-scale cloud web services giants, but is being made available widely by Mellanox and our cloud ecosystem partners. He shared real world deployments of our OpenStack customers such as Cambridge, Enter and NCI and described the LEGO parts they have used such as: Mellanox NEO, our End-to-End 25/50/100G Ethernet and InfiniBand intelligent interconnect, etc…
Lightning Talks by Moshe Levi, SW Cloud Manager about Using Device Emulator to Enhance CI
Moshe talked about Mellanox SimX and explained how to reduce the number of physical servers and eliminate the physical device dependency in CI.
We invite you to visit Mellanox’s booth (D20) and see the 25/50/100G Cloud Solution based on Spectrum, ConnectX-4 and Mellanox NEO for Network Automation. Make sure to stop by and talk with us! Here are some photos from yesterday’s sessions along with the Mellanox booth.
The OpenStack Summit is a four-day conference for developers, users, and administrators of OpenStack cloud software. Held every six months, the conference schedule rotates based on the OpenStack software release cycle. This week, the summit is being held in Tokyo, Japan at the Grand Prince International Convention Center.
Today, we had a common session (with Irena Berezovsky – Midokura, Livnat Peer – Red Hat) about Quality of services in Cloud. I presented a customer use case and talk about Mellanox NEO, Containers, Virtualization, Auto Provisioning and SR-IOV LAG.
Tomorrow is the last chance to visit Mellanox’s booth (S8) and see the 100Gbps Cloud Solution based on Spectrum, ConnectX-4 and Ceph RDMA. Make sure to stop by and talk with us! Here are some photos from today’s session along with the Mellanox booth: